domingo, 7 de abril de 2013

The Vow, excerpt


“Mary”, she said with no hesitation . . . and no expression. 

Now we´re getting somewhere. Thank you, God!

“Excellent, Krikitt. And what´s your father´s name?”

“Gus”

“That´s right. Very good.”

He paused before continuing, “Krikitt, who´s your husband?”

Krikitt looked at me again and back at the therapist.

I was sure everyone could hear my heart thudding as I waited for my wife´s answer in silence and desperation.

“I´m not married.”

No! God, please!

The therapist tried again, “No, Krikitt. You´re married. Who´s your husband?”

She wrinkled her bow. “Todd?” She questioned.

Her old boyfriend from California? Help her remember, God!

“Krikitt, please think. Who´s your husband?”

“I told you. I´m not married.”

Vocabulario:

Thudding: golpeando

Learn English with us. Spanish for Tourists. Phone: 0387-4249159. 4400 Salta. Argentina 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Deja aquí tus mensajes, comentarios o críticas. Serán bienvenidos